Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thing #7

Things are getting a bit tougher. I was able to successfully set up an iGoogle page, but unable to figure out how to link it to my blog.
part one: I did enjoy setting up the iGoogle page. I placed Houston area weather information, Dopplar radar images and the daily weather stats on the Home tab. I also set up Google Maps, Things To Do, and fun stuff like Optical Illusions on the same tab. The iGoogle site can be a student resource for basic expository learning, reading maps, understanding weather situations, post important notices (and homework) on the To Do list. I also set up a 'Games' tab which can be used to set up 'kid friendly' games and games that support curriculum. Few of my students have access to home computers so most students will need to use the site within the school/classroom setting.
part two: Google Notebook can be a useful tool for writing and sharing lesson plans with team members. The same can be said for Google Docs. Not sure which is the better tool.

No comments: