Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thing #12 - contribute 2¢ or 5¢

What's important about commenting?
first- interact with comments left on your blog. I was so excited to get a comment on one of my 'Thing' postings (and it wasn't even written by a member of my family...)! What I did was to 'pay it forward' and made comments on other SBISD summer blogs. What I should have done (and will take care of) is respond to the blogger, even with a simple 'thank you' for taking the time to read my assignment.
second - as it pertains to students, (and maybe adults) 'teach commenting'. Model, model, model, and guide the practice. Great persuasive writing, even for elementary kids.
Two blogs of personal interest...
my first choice
http://www.treasurehunting.com/
I LOVE the whole finding treasure thing. I don't dive, don't care to learn, don't even want to go on a cruise, I don't like 'big water'. But, there is just something about the archeology and history and treasure beyond imagination in a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean.... We're heading to the Florida Keys this week on vacation and I'm hoping the Mel Fischer Museum down there will make the itinerary.
my second choice
http://paulagreene.blogspot.com/
I'm learning to watercolor and never realized there are blogging sites.... Who knows maybe I will pick up some tips (hopefully not drips).

No comments: