Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #20 Come to the light, Carol Ann, Come to the light....



This is SO cool AND it is Thing #20! Wooo hooo, almost finished, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Wait! What was the Discovery Activity? I've been going all A.D.D.'ing on YouTube and TeacherTubes all morning and lost focus. Ooops. (Maybe there is value in adult Ritalin?)
Value? Limited only by my own imagination. The opportunity to bring infinite (okay, may not that many) resources into the classroom is fantastic. The search engine was actually pretty okay for general topics. Fractions, reading comprehension, welcome back to school, and several more basic elementary topics are there. I can benefit as a teacher, improving my own professional toolkit, but also give the students broader exposure to other teachers. How cool is that!?
One of the neatest things would be to enable the students to make a video. Talk about ownership of their own learning!

No comments: